Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lupus update

I now have a local rheumatologist, and I LOVE her!  I'm back on my 3 mg of prednisone (yuck) and my Imuran (I was off it while my liver enzymes were sky-high).  I'm still on the same dose of plaquenil that I've been on for several year.

This summer, after I got out of my funk, I was doing well.  I had bad days, but they were outnumbered by the good days.  But, now that it's getting cold, I feel worse.  I'm getting several oral and nasal ulcers.  My joints are so sore.  Granted, when you live with daily pain, you can often push through the soreness.  I had to do that during the race today.

When I got home from Iowa this afternoon, I was wiped and had to take a nap.  After I woke up from my nap, I realized I kind of overdid it this weekend -- and the weekend is only half done!  One of the first things I noticed when I woke up was the presence of that oh-so-lovely butterfly rash.  When my face starts to discolor, I know I need to scale back a bit and relax.

No comments: