Search This Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Creating Princess Peach's costume

A few days ago, I started working on my Peach costume. Using the Simplicity pattern I bought, I cut out all the necessary pieces.

While working on the bodice, I've run into a snag. I chose broadcloth because it's easy to work with, and it was on sale. But light pink broadcloth is very thin. I forgot about this when making my fabric purchases. It wasn't until I started sewing the bodice that I noticed how sheer the fabric is. I'm too lazy to go to the store and a liner fabric, like a posh, so I've cut a "liner" out of the broadcloth. We'll see how it turns out!

I've had to tweak the pattern a bit. Since Peach's skirt is two toned, I had to cut the skirt piece of the pattern in half--one half for light pink, one half for the rose colored fabric. The picture is of one complete skirt panel. I'll post more pictures of the skirt as I get closer to finishing it.

I used the polymer (Femo) clay to make the jewels. The shape of the jewels is good, but they're lacking a sheen. I think I might glaze them, or paint an iridescent paint over them. They need something so they don't look so dull:

I'll post more on the dress as I work on it. But right now the sewing room/home office is being used by my boyfriend for actual work. So, I have to wait.

No comments: