Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2008

Zucchini Muffins

We recently flew up to Kentucky to visit my grandparents. While there, my paternal grandfather gave me some monstrous zucchinis. Since they had been sitting on the countertops for a whilte now, I decided to put my new Cuisinart to use and shred them. Two zucchinis produced about 8 cups of shredded zucchini. I froze all but two cups. The two cups I saved went into zucchini muffins using this recipe:

Zucchini muffins:

1-1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 c. chopped walnuts
2 c grated zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the first four ingredients--the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, blend together the sugar, eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Blend well, but don't overmix. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Scoop batter into greased muffin cups. Bake until muffin tops spring back when touched (about 30 minutes). Cool muffin cups on a rack for 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin cups.

These muffins are very tasty and have a nice crumb. Very yummy!

No comments: