Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday: 2 mile run

I really didn't want to run today. Not because I was feeling any more pain than normal, but because I had a rough and hectic day at work. All I really wanted to do when I got home was curl up in a ball on the sofa and drown the stress of my day in some ice cream.

But I made a promise to do 50 races in 50 places, and I truly mean to keep my promise. And since my scheduled run for today was a nice and short one, I managed to convince myself to put on my running gear and go.

I'm still not thrilled with my time, but I am a little bit happier with tonight's time than I was on Sunday or yesterday. Tonight I ran a 9:31 minute mile. Not great, but not too horrible. That makes me hopeful that I will soon feel well enough to run a 7 or 8 minute mile :-)

No comments: